Monday, May 31, 2010

Jordan and Jered's Wedding

I was so excited to be apart of two of my special friend's once in a lifetime days!
It was a wonderful day, and everything went as planned, and it was so beautiful for the both of them.
It was also a very hectic day, and I knew that this was going to kick-off my summer of craziness. Some of the events weren't what I was hoping for.
The night before the wedding, a few of the bridesmaids and some of our friends were playing cards, and my phone dropped into my drink. I quickly tried to save it, but it still got wet. I let everything dry, and it worked for the rest of the night, so I thought I was good to go.
The next morning was wedding day! I knew it was going to be a busy day, so I packed the night before and then loaded into Kate's car. As I was turning on my phone, I noticed it actually wouldn't turn on. I tried not to freak out, but remembering I was leaving the country the next day, that was kind of hard.
Kate's mom was SO amazing to me the whole week I was there. She was willing to help me with whatever I needed. After finding out about my phone she quickly suggested I change over to Kate's old phone so that I would have at least some form of communication as I was traveling and then she offered to do it for me.
So we headed to the church to get ready, hair done, makeup done.. you know.. the works!
Kate's mom then called to tell me I needed to be there in person, so I borrowed a car and drove to meet her. I got my phone all switched over and thought that the day was starting to look up.
I realized that having a phone was way worse than having a big zit on my face, or getting a present from mother nature that morning that I was complaining about earlier... it just added to my worries and stresses :)
I had so much fun with the other bridesmaids and Jordan, getting ready, taking pictures, being goofy, walking down the aisle, and taking group pictures. It was a full day that ended with such a cute reception that we all ended up dancing like crazy people at together!
We saw the newlywed couple off, and knew that this was the last day in a long time that all of us would be together for a while. It was a sad feeling, but I was also excited for what the summer was going to hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment