Monday, May 31, 2010

Orientation Day!

Today we got to sleep in for like the ONLY time all summer.
The interns and I had orientation, there are only about 9 of us this summer.
Our job is to oversee the outreach missions teams that come to the base (just like I did in January) and to be an assistant to our site leader.
I will be at the girl's sports site, working with my site leader Jess. She is who I was with when I came in January, and whom I immediately clicked with back then, and was so excited to jump on her this morning when she came to see me!
We met with our "bosses" Josh and Vicki to go over rules, responsibilities and things like that.
It was a little bit overwhelming, but after a bit, I think i'll get the hang of it. I hope! One of the major things we have to do, is for every team that comes.. we take them into the city of Jarabacoa and hang out with them as they shop and show them the stores to go to there and stuff, and we don't have a staff member with us, it's just US.. we are their main leader.That made me very nervous, especially since I don't know Spanish, like.. at all.

But to help us know the city a little bit better, we went to lunch, then we had a scavenger hunt. We had to find each store on there, then take a crazy picture in front of it, then when showing the pictures, come up with a unique way to present them. Mack and I will put the pictures up later, but we split up us four girls, and the three boys. Boys vs. Girls. Needless to say.. the girls definitely won :)
We went to ice cream afterwards, and are now taking a two hour break before dinner. There isn't really anything planned for after dinner.. But I know that we will find something fun to fill our time with :)

2 comments:

  1. so i hijacked your blog address off your post to Kara on facebook. So glad you made it there safely - do you still need someone to send your makeup bag to you? If so, let me know. Love you and can't wait to hear how awesome this summer is for you :) Maybe you'll meet THE man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you are getting settled! Praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete